The tool is designed to help finance teams and CEOs in smaller companies create reliable financial forecasts and reporting systems. It is to help them focus on looking forward instead of looking backward. Unlike spreadsheets, SurvivalWare offers a repeatable process to keep the forecasts updated each month – not a “one off” analysis that becomes a burden to keep up to date.
SurvivalWare is Windows based software that is licensed as an annual subscription. It comes with an “off the shelf” corporate planning model called the Fort Knox model, which can handle most businesses. The annual fee starts at $995 for a basic user license, and includes phone call and email support.
The company also announced a number of service offerings to help companies move quickly and save money. These include:
- Custom data integrations, especially for non-financial data feeds
- Automated consolidation and monthly reporting applets
- Special purpose forecast applets, such as a salary projection module driven off of a spreadsheet
- One on one coaching sessions
- Minor customization of existing models
- Large scale financial model design consulting
Luhring SurvivalWare, Inc. was founded in 2000 to help small companies Survive and Thrive. It is based in Alexandria, Va. outside Washington, D.C. SurvivalWare 2020 is a major rewrite of the original SurvivalWare software, and was five years in the making. The founder and CEO, Rusty Luhring, spent this time working as CFO at Issuetrak, Inc., a leading provider of issue tracking software based in Norfolk, Va.